Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Now, Dorothy, close your eyes and repeat after me...

There's no place like home.
There's no place like home.
There's no place like home.

There really is no place like home. We got in this evening after swinging by to pick up Rebecca. With all 4 of us under one roof, Zach likes to say, "We are a family!"

Now we can get down to some REAL recovery!

Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging comments --- they carried us through!

Please help carry another heart buddy through. Sam is having the Fontan (the same surgery Zach just had) at MUSC tomorrow morning (Thursday). Please lift him and his family up.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to sleep in MY bed!

11 comments:

  1. Yay! Enjoy sleeping in your OWN beds, and we'll keep praying!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! So happy to hear you are all home together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!! WELCOME HOME!!!! Praying for the smooth recovery to continue. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it is a wonderful feeling for you to be at home! Recovery will come one day at a time, each day better than the last! Love and prayers! Rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one can ever say that prayers don't work. Glad you are back as a family once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news. There really is no place like home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy and phil HodgeJuly 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM

    So glad to hear that you are home. You are so right...there is NO place like home. I know that the recovery will take on a whole new meaning. Prayers will certainly continue for all of the Owens family. You are loved and cared for more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAAAA!!! So happy to read you are home!!! Praise be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing recovery. I am so glad to hear you are home. Give me a call when Zach is ready to play. The boys would love to have someone else to tangle with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YIPPEE!!! I am so glad that you all are home. I have been praying this week but so busy that I have been out of the loop with the blog. Please let us know when we could come and see you all. We love you all! ~The Hodges

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry we missed you. Zach was next door to Vance on 7C the first day we were down, but we were so swampped with getting settled and the transition that I didn't get to speak. Then next day when I had a chance, I went over and saw someone else had already moved in. :( Well Good RECOVERY! And we'll keep following you here.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think!