Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dr. Zach

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!
Tonight, at bedtime I told Zach the story of Independence Day. I know he's only 4, but he's sharp. While our neighbors were noisily shooting fireworks, firecrackers, and Roman Candles, making it sound like the Revolutionary War was going on outside his window, I told him that the Americans fought ........ he said "Why they fight?" He knows that fighting is not right and I didnt try to explain it at bedtime! Regardless, I am so thankful for the freedom that we enjoy in the USA. I want to teach our children to appreciate the sacrifices that people have made for hundereds of years so that we can be free.

Rebecca and I enjoyed a girls weekend of shopping at Concord Mills in North Carolina. We brought Zach a really cool Toy Story 3 pop-up tent. He LOVES it! The problem is he wants the whole family to be in it with him all the time! Sissy decided to take a much needed nap in there and woke up an hour later trapped. Zach had piled pillows in front of all the entrances leaving Sissy to sweat her way through the nap!



We also found the most adorable PJ's at Carter's for Zach. We thought that they would be cute for him to wear in the hospital.

So during supper tonight, he proclaims that he is going to grow up to be a doctor and help people "feel better and give them Lightning McQueen stickers!" He practiced by "doctoring" on the whole family. Wouldn't it be awesome if God decided to use him in that way? Can you imagine the compassion that a "Heart Kiddo" would have for others? That's the kind of doctor I would want to go to!


Checking Daddy's ears

Checking Sissy's eyes

Mommy's heart says "Bounce, Bounce, Bounce!!!"

4 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for all of Zach's appointments and his surgery on Monday. Praying for peace for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...those pj's are PRECIOUS! How perfect, and just in time. It would be amazing if God chose to use Zach to be a doctor. Wow, the compassion! :)

    Praying for you all, especially in the days ahead!

    If there's anything at all we can do, please let us know. You know we're not far at all!

    Big heart hugs and prayers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received your email about Zach and have been praying for you all. He is such an utter cutie! I love the Carter's pajamas and want a set myself - wonder if they make them in adult size. Hang in there and give me a call if you need anything.

    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be PRAYING!! Those pics are precious! I love the pjs..and the tent..Zeb would love it ....

    Rhonda ~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think!