Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Craziness...

It has been so long since I have posted! I miss blogging. I miss recording all the funny things Rebecca and Zach do and say. I have still been reading up on all of our Heart Buddies, but I haven't had time to sit down and write, nevermind taking and downloading pictures! Bad, bad Mommy!

This new way of life feels like craziness! I am exhausted --- do working moms ever get enough rest? Our evenings are filled with fixing dinner picking up dinner somewhere, doing laundry, helping with homework (btw, is it my imagination, or is 7th grade homework harder now than when I was in 7th grade?), making lunches for the next day, ironing clothes for the next day, bathing one little wild man (thankfully, Bec can take care of all that for herself!), and hopefully getting to bed at a decent hour. Whew! Then it all starts over again the next morning!

I do love what I'm doing, though. I have a great faculty and administration to work with. I feel like I am accomplishing a lot, although there is still so much to do! This week will be extra exciting --- we are having a Book Fair! It ought to be interesting!!!

And Zach continues to LOVE 4K. He is learning so much! It's fun to hear him share the songs they sang at "'cool to-day" (gotta work on those S's!). He is learning about his letters and the sounds they make. Friday they made chocolate chip cookies. This week, they go on another field trip - this time to the pumpkin patch!

Health-wise, Zach is doing wonderfully. He goes to the dentist Tuesday. Hopefully he will let them really clean his teeth this time. He's not crazy about them doing things to him. I wonder where that comes from??? He's not gonna like it but he's gonna get his flu shot Tuesday too. He doesn't go back to the cardiologist until sometime in November.

Friday night, we attended a reunion of the 1990 Union High School State Championship team. Bill got to reminisce with coaches and players. Zach and Rebecca got to run and play in the end zone with the other kids.

FCA ministers to coaches wives through a group called Bench Backers. So Saturday, we went to an annual picnic with a bunch of coaches and their families. We have it at this beautiful horse farm - the wonderful owners allow the kids to ride horses, take everyone on a hayride, and have a bonfire for roasting marshmallows.

The only way Zach was having anything to do with horse back riding was to get Daddy up there with him. I asked him why he didn't want to ride the horse and he said "I fink he gonna frow me off!"





This year they had a special treat for us - Redneck Sledding! Lots of fun!








Look at that smile!
The big kids playing football --- that's Rebecca the Running Back on the right.
The hayride wagon

Hopefully it won't be another month before I post again. Just know that we're not MIA --- we're still here!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going so well for you all! It looks like you're having so much fun! I love the redneck sledding...that's too funny! :)

    Good luck at the dentist. I can't imagine why Zach wouldn't want someone messing with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are going well. Been missing your blog posts for sure!

    Good luck at the dentist. We have yet to tackle that one. It's on our list of things that need to get done. I am sure Logan will be less than thrilled too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think!