Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bok! Bok bok bok BOK!

You might be wondering about the title of the post. Click below...



The question is...

Just how many ways can you fix chicken???!!!


























Hopefully, we only have a couple more weeks on the low fat diet (PTL), but I declare... I cannot wait to go get a big, juicy, dripping cheeseburger! Wherever we go to get that big burger, I'm sure when we ask Zach what he wants to eat, he will say, "Chicken!"

Zach loves to tell everyone, "I am on a fat-free diet!" like it's something to be proud of. Not easy to explain to complete strangers in the grocery store or to the poor girl at Chick Fil A that took our order today (he can eat 1/2 of a grilled chicken sandwich from CFA --- he cannot eat his favorite 6-pack of nuggets). And I'm pretty sure that Zach is the only 4 year old who reads nutrition labels. The other night we were having a snack and I was reading the label on a couple of boxes from the pantry. He said, "Lemme see." He turned the box around to the label and said, "OK, two grams of fat!" Funny Boy!



So, praise the Lord, Zach continues to do well. He still gets tired but we are at that point where an afternoon nap keeps him up at night, so we just deal with a grumpy boy at night and try to get him to bed earlier. We have been trying to adjust his schedule to get him used to getting up early and going to bed early because he starts preschool Monday! He will just go for 1/2 day for a few days this week to allow him to build some more endurance. I am nervous about dropping him off this week and pray that it goes smoothly. We have not been used to getting up and having to be much of anywhere early in the morning so this is a big deal!

Rebecca has been in try-outs for volleyball at her school this week. There are 40 girls trying out for 12-15 spots! We hope she makes it --- I might be biased but I think she is pretty good! I think she is all ready for school --- in middle school a girl's gotta have just the right school supplies and clothes!

Bill has been busy following up from summer FCA camps and gearing up for the new school year. Football season is always busy for him --- lots of ministry opportunities. Zach has been glued to Daddy's side these past few weeks, so we hope we can un-glue him (Zach, I mean) on Monday.

I worked the first three days this week getting my library ready for the start of school. I love the folks that I work with and am really excited! I felt like our kids on their first day of school --- Bill just had to take a picture of me all ready for my first day of work! Notice the sleepy look in my eye and the large mug of coffee?



Thanks for checking in on us!

5 comments:

  1. I am sure you can't wait to get off the chicken merry-go-round for a while. We love chicken here but if we had to eat it ALL the time we might not like it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken is all my kids think there is to eat! Lol... At least it is healthy.. I am so glad to hear that Zach is doing well. He sure is cute as ever.. I hope he will do well at preschool. Zeb starts Tues..(*tear) ...I know they will do better than both of us.. you look great Congrats on your job!! :)
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there another meat to eat? Oh yeah, fish! I have been praying about the new adventure called school that Zach is going to discover, praying for his mood, protection from germs and from harm. God is big enough! I hope the whole family has a wonderful day on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny that Zach reads the nutrition labels! Ha! That's a smart boy!! See, he doesn't even need preschool. :) I'm kidding...

    We'll definitely be praying for him (and YOU) as preschool starts. I know it won't be easy, but I'm sure he'll have a blast.

    We're always praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy and Phil HodgeAugust 13, 2010 at 10:13 PM

    Many prayers going your way as school begins. I know that it is so hard to let go of that precious boy into the hands of others. I know they are wonderful, but just not Mama. I hope that your school year goes well. Hard to believe that the summer is over. Good luck to Rebecca. Hope she makes the team. Thank God that his hands are in all of these situations. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think!