Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Alarm Clocks, 4K, and Sniffles

So, I am finally getting around to blogging about our first day of school. It's been a very hectic week, but a good one!

On Sunday, my sweet family gave me a framed collage to put on my desk. Every time I look at it I feel so loved!

We got Zach an alarm clock to help him get up and get ready for school. We hoped it would help him be excited about getting up at 6am (he's never had to get up early for anything except an occasional early doctor's appointment) and we hoped it would help him to sleep in his room all night rather than coming into our room as he now does every night. So, on Sunday night we set the alarm and put it on his dresser. Lo, and behold, he comes into our room at 2am carrying the alarm clock! Stinker!!!


Monday morning at 5am my alarm clock woke me from a deep sleep. Like Zach, I am not used to having to get up super early, or at least not used to having to be ready and out the door at 6:45am! I have about a 20 minute drive and have to drop Zach off too and be at school by 7:30. Zach wanted to know why it was still dark outside!














\
Here we all are ready for our first day of school! Despite the look on Zach's face he really was awake and in a good mood. A few minutes later he started fussing. Do you see what Zach has in his hand? Cardiac Kid's Breakfast of Champions --- Enalipril!!

Zach did really well going to preschool all week. Bill was able to pick him up after lunch on the first day but he had to stay for pretty much full days for the rest of the week. I was afraid he would be wailing every day but he fussed very little and really seemed to have a good time. He is learning a lot already!

Apparently he hasn't learned to avoid the kids with the snotty noses (heart mom humor!) because he has a little cold. Yesterday we hovered around the tissue box, wiping his little nose every 2 minutes. Today he sounds a little stuffy. Nonetheless, he has felt good and been his usual self. I know sickness is inevitable and I am thankful this hasn't developled into something bad.

 













So, I guess we will get up and do it all over again starting tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think!